Kids grow better outside, and summer camp is a great opportunity to build independence, make new friends, and gain confidence–all in a safe, exciting, kid-centered environment. Check out the session dates and information below. There is a limited amount of need-based financial assistance available for each session; financial assistance applications are available during the registration process
2018 Summer Camp Dates
- Camp Wildwood 1: Ages 8-13 $550 July 2-6 FULL
- Leadership Camp: Ages 14-17 $550 July 2-6 FULL
- Camp Wildwood 2: Ages 8-13 $550 July 9-13 FULL
- Camp Wildwood 3: Ages 8-13 $550 July 16-20 FULL
- Mini Camp: Ages 7-12 $325 August 6-8
NEW for 2018! We are offering bus transportation from 4 KC area locations.
- Scuola Vita Nuova Charter School, 535 Garfield Ave, Kansas City, MO: Parent drop off 7:45am Monday, Bus leaves at 8:00am; Parent pick up 4:45pm Friday(Wed for Minicamp)
- HyVee, 9400 E 350 Hwy, Raytown, MO: Parent drop off 8:30am Monday, Bus leaves at 8:45am; Parent pick up 4:00pm Friday(Wed for Minicamp)
- HyVee, 6655 Martway, Mission, KS: Parent drop off 7:45am Monday, Bus leaves at 8:00am; Parent pick up 4:45pm Friday(Wed for Minicamp)
- Scheels, 6503 W 135th St., Overland Park, KS: Parent drop off 8:30am Monday, Bus leaves at 8:45am; Parent pick up 4:00pm Friday(Wed for Minicamp)
If not riding the bus, the drop off at camp Monday morning will be at 10am and the pick up on Friday afternoon will be at 4pm (Mini Camp pick up is on Wednesday). Bus stop is selected during the registration process.
Camp Wildwood is a five day long overnight camp filled with traditional activities. Campers will spend the week choosing daily fun activities, making new friends, gaining independence, and teamwork skills.
Mini Camp is perfect for the first time camper! This a 3-day, 2-night stay at camp, offering just enough time to experience the fun activities and make new friends.
Leadership Camp is for young adults interested in building their leadership skills and becoming camp staff someday. They will learn about leadership styles, shadow camp staff and organize a camp wide activity. They will spend time working alongside the counselors, learning how to work with children and how a camp is run. In addition to their training they will have the opportunity to join in the traditional activities. The Leadership Camp is designed to focus on the training in the session July 2 – 6; leadership campers who are ready for internship will choose another session afterwards to return to camp with a cabin group. The internships will be decided upon during their first session. There is no additional cost for the internship, it is included in the original fee.
Wildwood is dedicated to building life-long memories and friendships for kids from diverse backgrounds. Wildwood will utilize activities to help build confidence and self-esteem while providing them with new experiences and learning opportunities that might not normally be available. By providing campers with the chance to begin anew, surrounded by people who have no expectations or previous conceptions, Wildwood enables campers to become who they want to be and discover who they might become.
Camp Wildwood is expertly designed and facilitated to increase friendship skills, problem-solving confidence, appreciation and understanding for the natural world, and independence within each camper.
Financial Assistance: During the registration process you have the option to request financial assistance.
For additional information or to reach our staff, call us at (913) 757-4500 or email@example.com.