Qualified Charitable Distributions
Are you 70 1/2 or older and are interested in making a charitable gift that may offer smart tax benefits? If so, qualified charitable distribution may be the right option for you.
A qualified charitable distribution allows individuals to donate up to $100,000 directly from your taxable IRA instead of taking the required minimum distributions.
As a result, you can avoid being pushed into higher income tax brackets and prevent phaseouts of other tax deductions while also supporting outdoor joy and camp experiences for KC kids.
A qualified charitable distribution may be right for you if:
1. You are over 70 1/2, don’t need the funds from the minimum IRA distribution, and would face increased tax liabilities if you took the distributions as income.
2. You would like to reduce the balance in an IRA to lower future required minimum distributions.
3. You would like to make a larger charitable gift than you could if you donated cash or other assets. The value of charitable gifts that can be deducted from a tax return usually ranges from 20 to 60 percent of the donor’s adjusted gross income. This limit does not apply to qualified charitable distributions.
Your qualified charitable distribution gift to Wildwood Outdoor Education Center ensures the future is bright for KC kids. It makes sure KC kids get to learn and play outside, making friends, building confidence, and growing into resilient humans.
Stock Donations .
Are you interested in making a charitable gift that may yield double tax benefits and additional savings? If so, a gift of appreciated stock may be the right option for you.
A gift of stock may provide more benefits than a cash gift. When you make a gift of stock to Wildwood, you eliminate the capital gains tax that would be due upon selling the stock, and you receive tangible tax-savings and benefits while also supporting outdoor joy and camp experiences for KC kids.
A gift of stock may be right for you if:
1. You are holding stocks that have risen in value. If your stocks are highly appreciated, you may find yourself with a hefty tax bill when it comes time to sell. By using these securities as a gift, you can avoid the capital gains tax on any paper profit.
2. You would like to maximize your deduction while not affecting your liquidity. If you decide to make a gift of stock, you not only retain your cash assets, but you also receive a charitable tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock that you’ve owned for more than one year.
Your gift of appreciated stock to Wildwood Outdoor Education Center ensures KC kids get to experience the joy and magic of camp, regardless of family income. We can’t make the magic happen without the support from people like you.
Start Your Donation
The best place to start is with your broker. Let them know you’d like to make a qualified charitable donation (QCD) or donate stock.
To make the process easier, you can fill out this stock and mutual fund donation form, and we’ll email you a letter you can send directly to your broker.
Your broker may request additional information about Wildwood to complete your donation. Please use the information below or give us a call/text. (913) 738-9067 (x701)
Organization Name: Wildwood Outdoor Education Center, Inc.
Address: 7095 W 399th St, LaCygne, KS 66040