Camp Cabin Leader (formerly Counselor)
Cabin Leaders at Wildwood help kids learn and grow during the summer. This position creates memorable experiences for kids through activities like small group games, kid-driven play, team building, hiking/nature exploration, fishing and more. A Cabin Leader works with at least one other staff member and together supervise a cabin of up to 16 youth. Additional training is available for lifeguarding, rock climbing, archery and boating.
- Supervising a group of up to 16 youth in similar age and gender throughout the day and overnight
- Ensuring campers' physical, mental, emotional and social needs are met during their week at camp
- Facilitating and participating in camp activities like games, hiking, crafts and more
- Guiding kids through transitional times (morning routine, night time routine, switching between activities and meals)
- Demonstrating leadership by creating a respectful atmosphere
- Role modeling emotional resilience and social awareness.
- Ability to observe, identify, and adjust based on youth behavior
- Ability to create a physical and emotionally safe environment for youth and staff
- Ability to be flexible in an intensive training and work environment (both indoors and outside)
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, abilities, knowledge and needs
- Ability to support other staff in specialty activity areas
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with youth
- Experience working with youth in an overnight environment
- Experience in teaching
- Certification in first aid, CPR, archery, canoeing
- Housing offered (M-F)
- All meals provided
To be considered, please complete the application at the link to the right. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls, please.
Beginning of employment
June 6, 2023
Duration of employment
7095 West 399th Street, LaCygne, KS, 66040
$75-$105 Per day
December 22, 2021
June 1, 2023