Food Service Manager
The Wildwood Food Service Manager directs the over all food-service operation of the camp including purchasing, preparation, nutrition, service, sanitation, security, personnel management, customer service and record keeping. The Food Service Manager will work closely with the Director of Operations and will collaboratively manage the daily operations of the kitchen. Top candidates will foster enthusiasm in the kitchen, align with the values of Wildwood and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Manage the daily operations of the camp food and dining service including coordinating activities between the kitchen, dining room and outdoor cooking
- Oversee planning and preparation of nutritionally balanced camp meals, snacks and pack out food
- Ensure safe and efficient preparation and serving of camp meals
- Oversee the inventory and ordering of food and follow sanitation and upkeep of camp kitchen, its equipment and facilities
- Clean and maintain all food-service areas
- Promote practices that seek to reduce waste, reuse items and recycle as much as possible
- Standing, pushing, pulling, grasping, squatting, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of current health and safety laws and practices
- Knowledge of and experience in preparation of special dietary foods
- Knowledge of sanitation practices
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Experience in institutional or large food service setting
- Knowledge of and experience in ordering, inventory, food preparation, family-style serving and institutional kitchen equipment
- Ability to work within a budget and purchase supplies efficiently
- Experience in supervision
- Some flexibility in schedule
- Housing opportunities available (May-August)
- All meals provided
To apply, click the Apply Now button. For any questions about the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Beginning of employment
April 1, 2023
Duration of employment
7095 W 399th St, LaCygne, KS, 66040
$125-$150 Per day
January 30, 2023
June 1, 2023