Summer Camp Health and Wellness Specialist
The Health and Wellness Specialist at Wildwood serves in a support role for camp staff. The position supervises the health center, medication management and the physical and emotional wellness of the youth and seasonal staff at camp. The Health and Wellness Specialist coordinates with the full-time and seasonal leadership team to oversee up to 85 youth and 30 camp staff throughout the week.
- Managing medication in-take, storage and distribution for youth and staff.
- Reviewing campers health forms and documenting critical information for cabin and activity leaders
- Attending to emergent health needs throughout the week by administering first-aid (within trained/specified abilities), contacting guardians as needed, and seeking outside assistance when needed
- Ensuring that preventative health measures are occurring (i.e. applying bug spray and sun screen, staying hydrated, eating and sleeping well, and maintaining clean living spaces).
- Providing self-care support to staff and youth
- Ability to learn and implement first aid
- Ability to manage prescribed and over-the-counter medication for kids and adults
- Ability to review and understand health histories
- Ability to observe, identify and share health and wellness concerns
- Ability to research health topics and present findings based on the needs of leadership
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, abilities, knowledge and needs
- High School Diploma/GED
- Current First Aid/CPR certification (or ability to obtain)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years of experience with medication, First-Aid, mental health
- Hold a CNA, RN, MD, or LPC
- Experience in a summer camp/overnight camp setting
- Experience working with youth
- Housing provided
- All meals provided
To be considered, please complete an application using the link on the right. Please direct questions to email@example.com
No calls, please.
Beginning of employment
June 1, 2023
Duration of employment
7095 West 399th Street, LaCygne, KS, 66040
$120-$135 Per day
December 22, 2021
June 1, 2023