Connecting Kansas City kids to nature, adventure, and friendship is what we do best at Wildwood. From our summer overnight camps to our school field trips and unique fundraising events, Wildwood is a cause to get excited about and a mission you can see in action. We believe in the power of camp to change kids’ lives, and we remove common barriers to summer camp for KC-area families.
Wildwood Outdoor Education Center is seeking a part-time Office Manager to help fulfil our strategic plan and further our mission in the community. This position focuses on
- posting financial transactions using appropriate computer software
- maintaining accurate personnel files and preparing biweekly payroll
- managing databases, file systems, office supplies and equipment
- supporting camper registration and customer booking databases, contracts, and forms
- fielding customer questions and requests and providing excellent customer service
About Wildwood: Wildwood was founded in 1980 and has a strong reputation for excellent outdoor learning. We serve 4,500 youth annually. A full-time staff of four lead the year-round operations with up to 30 seasonal staff April-October. Wildwood recently completed $500,000+ worth of facility improvements and has an annual budget of around $700,000. About half of the annual revenue is raised through program fees and half through fundraising and grants.
Payroll and Bookkeeping
- Run on-time, accurate payroll every other week via Gusto payroll software.
- During the summer months, payroll will include 30-40 employees
- During the off-season, payroll will include 5-10 employees
- Process and code payments from customers through QuickBooks
- Process and code financial gifts from donors through QuickBooks, enter gifts into CRM
- Prepare and mail acknowledgement letters to donors
- Ensure bills are paid on time
- Manage personnel files and ensure compliance with legal and audit requirements
- Track and ensure customer agreements are returned and invoices are paid on time
- Communicate via phone, text, email, or in-person with camper parents, vendors, customers, and employees as needed
- Provide support to camp families struggling with registration processes or software issues
- Manage CRM platform in conjunction with other year-round employees
- Ensure accuracy of database
- Help ensure database has “clean” customer data
- Manage camp enrollment software in conjunction with other year-round employees
- Organize and order office supplies as needed
- Support executive by completing other projects as assigned
This position requires at least 3 years of office and/or accounting experience. A successful candidate will have experience using QuickBooks (online), Google business tools, and Microsoft Office Suite; be comfortable interacting with customers, learning new software and working independently. Excellent organization, reliability, and communication skills are essential. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required. Candidates should have the ability to work independently, strive for excellence, and possess a passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We offer a flexible schedule, and a starting hourly rate between $15 and $17 per hour. The work location is variable and can include working from home on appropriate projects. The position will require at least two days each week in-person at our office south of Louisburg, KS. Work hours are flexible, working between 15 and 25 hours per week. This position is eligible for vacation, sick leave, and retirement benefits.
To apply, email a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications and your résumé to Robyn Ratcliff, Executive Director, at Robyn@WildwoodCTR.org.
No phone calls, please.
Wildwood Outdoor Education Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity