Connecting Kansas City kids with nature, adventure, and friendship is what we do best at Wildwood. From our summer overnight camps to our school field trips, Wildwood is a cause to get excited about and a mission you can see in action. We believe in the power of camp to enrich kids’ lives, and we remove barriers to summer camp for KC-area families.
Wildwood Outdoor Education Center is seeking a seasonal Maintenance Assistant to help further our mission. This position focuses on the maintenance of property and facilities with responsibility to assist in general maintenance, building improvements, and grounds upkeep. Ideal candidate will be committed to supporting campers and staff to provide positive camp experience
The position requires working on-site at our camp in La Cygne, KS with heaviest hours required in the summer months (April/May to August/September). Work hours in the summer may require evening and weekend hours.
Responsibilities will include:
- General maintenance tasks required to support the camping experience including basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical skills.
- Basic vehicle care including autos, tractors, golf cart, gator, and mower.
- Lawn Care including including mowing, weed eating, trail maintenance
- Assist with trash & recycling collection
- Proper care of camp resources including maintenance equipment and supplies, camp recreational items, first aid and other camper resources.
- Responding to staff requests.
This position requires at least 2 years of general maintenance/landscaping experience. Candidates should have the ability to work independently, be efficient, strive for excellence, and possess a demonstrated passion for diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
We offer a flexible schedule, 3-6 days a week, and a starting hourly rate of $15/hour.
To be considered, please complete an application at the link on the right. Please direct questions to Paula Cornwell at firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls, please.